The moment I saw it, I just wanted to do it. Its really an easy peasy potholder. The Ta...dah.... happened in a jiffy :) Thanks to Sangeetha of Crochetkari . Here's her tutorial . It has been detailed well. I couldn't even wait to make the twin potholder before sharing it here.
To begin with, I did not have the right kind of cotton thread. Unfortunately, crochet isn't a popular craft here and so getting yarns is a task in itself. But where there is a will, there is way. I had this binding thread, made of jute. Its lasting, durable and can withstand a hot pot's heat! Only thing is that it is very rough and so a lil' difficult to crochet. But serves the purpose of a potholder.
So here's my potholder....
The only change I made in this patten, is a row of SC on the top edges, to give strength to the potholder and a neat look.
This was my fastest Ta...dah.. Thanks to Sangeetha.