Live for the Moment

Every moment counts. Hence live for the moment to be happy and light

July 25, 2011

Best out of waste


It is most satisfying to be creating something new out of waste.  What I have created is called `Gozdi' colloquially in Konkani language. This is a pullover for all seasons.  What makes it more special for me is that, it is made out of my mother's old sarees.  Saree is a traditional Indian garment used by women and is 51/2 meters in length - the most graceful attire though a little cumbersome for some until, one gets used to!  I have used two of them to create this gozdi.  




Oh! it feels wonderful to be sleeping using this `Gozdi'.  Its soft feel, makes me feel as though I am sleeping on Mummy's lap.  Its a wonderful feeling to snuggle up on the bed with my `Gozdi' before drifting into my dreamland.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks to u for stopping by my blog.
    Your mothers saree looks so adorable. How do manage the width of the Gozdi(Kaudi in kannada? I too did one out of my mothers two cotton sarees, stitched back to back but the width is less to wrap around like a bed sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. With sarees, width becomes a problem. What can be done is, use a duvet ( used for a queens' bed, a little smaller than a double bed and centre the saree on the duvet, fold the flaps of the duvet onto the gozdi on all four sidex. So it becomes a border for the gozdi as well as helps in broadening a gozdi.

    ReplyDelete