Live for the Moment

Every moment counts. Hence live for the moment to be happy and light

March 13, 2017

 Happy Holi friends!   One of the most colourful festivals of India.  I however, desist from playing holi cause I find it too messy...This was my special Rangoli for the occassion and enjoyed making it.



The other day, I went to the main vegetable market, where veggies are sold at wholesale rates.  Plus the freshness of the vegetables makes you go crazy.  I literally had a strained shoulder the next day.  You can imagine, how much I bought.  Corn was just too fresh and difficult to resist not buying.  So I bought around 3 kgs. Thought I can store it in the freezer and use it as and when required. I have a dear friend Rupal and I learn so much from her.  When we interact, there is always something new that we find and share the nick nacs. She shared one of the easiest ways to separate the corn cob.  



One needs to just remove all the green covering and the silk by hand, break the cob into two and just flip the corn off the cob using the thumb.  It gets done in a jiffy.  Was a pleasure doing this task.  Then simply toss them in a ziplock and freeze them.

No comments:

Post a Comment