Live for the Moment

Every moment counts. Hence live for the moment to be happy and light

December 26, 2013

Adding a little holiday cheer

MERRY CHRISTMAS

&

BEST WISHES TO ALL THIS FESTIVE SEASON

Its always nice to add a little holiday cheer.  Even festival times call for extra cheer.  Though its nice to add cheer all year round.  Its upto us how we steer our day along.  

Here's how we added cheer


Tossed some exotic vegetables.  Its more a soup.  Don't know what its called :)

The colours just sing



We made this fried rice.  These pair up to be the favourites of all at home


My centre piece.  How can I forget that.  A dash of rose petals definitely  bring in cheer. 
The beautiful crochet doily was made by my mother for me



How could I miss out on baking a cake for Christmas.  Certain sweets are associated with a festival 

I recently attended a baking class.  Oh! that has given me so much of confidence.  We get a number of recipes on internet.  But this hands on experience does give confidence.

The exquisite ingredients required for icing requires a visit to a bakery essentials shop far way.  My kids did'nt have patience to wait so long.

So I made a base vanilla cake.  It turned out to be yummy

Am so happy and so were the kids


This blog post has come up after a lonnnng time. Literally from Diwali to Christmas.  Doesn't matter.  This is a journal for me to record moments..... 
Beautiful and Treasured.....

2 comments:

  1. The cake looks yummy and the doily also looks beautiful. Have a wonderful 2014!!!
    Best wishes
    Moushumi

    ReplyDelete